One Bus Away
One Bus Away
The goal of OneBusAway is to improve the usability of public transit. To help achieve that goal, we provide a number of open-source tools and applications to help transit agencies, riders, and developers work with public transit systems.
This wiki on github is the home for developer-related content for the OneBusAway project. Please see the OneBusAway project home page for information for transit agencies, project vision statement, high-level development agenda, research projects and publications, and a description of project governance.
- OneBusAway provides a number of ways for riders to easily access information about public transit over the web.
- OneBusAway provides a RESTful (REpresentational State Transfer) API that allows you access to the same information that powers the OneBusAway website and mobile tools. You can use the api to write cool new apps of your own.
- OneBusAway supports phone interactive voice response (IVR) and SMS functionality, allowing users to call in or send a text with a plain-old cellphone to get real-time transit information on their phone. Users can access real-time transit arrival information by entering their stop code for a particular stop
- OneBusAway provides a mode optimized for showing real-time arrival information on large public screens, allowing quick and cheap information displays
- OneBusAway for the GTFS-realtime data format in multiple ways:
- Input: OneBusAway can import real-time data in the GTFS-realtime format, as described in the Real-Time Configuration Guide
- Output: OneBusAway can export real-time data in the GTFS-realtime format, as described in the GTFS-realtime Export API documentation.
Tags: transport public, information voyageur, API
Categories: Logiciel, Données, Communauté
Theme: Traces de mobilité et des données associées, Logiciel Libre
Key people to solicit:
License: GNU Affero General Public License
Terms of Service (TOS):
Level of development:
Link to my actions board:
Link to my cloud, wiki, drive…:
Documentation of the experimentations:
List of the actors using or willing of using this common: aucun pour le moment
List of the workshop reports related to this common: