Communauté du Logiciel Libre/Atelier N°1
WORKSHOP #1 with the community of open source software
Where: La fonderie Ile de France Thank you Gael for your Hospitality : )
When : september 27 th - 10h to 17h / Coffee with La Fonderie - Break outside
Link with page of communauté des acteurs du logiciel libre
Agenda in 3 times :
Why is it important and useful to have open source software in the field of mobility ?
Introduction of Paris Open Source Summit
Share different points of view from industry, city, entrepreneurs, at national and international levels.
- What are the existing software available today ? example, story around and consequences.
- What are the next developement on going and at short term ?
Presentation from different stakeholders : developer, city authority, facilitators (INRIA, CEREMA, AFIMB)
Agenda - Presentations and Work in groups
- Presentations of Existing Open source softwares :
- Who/How can contribute and propose evolutions ?
- How can we index, develop together ?
- Feedbacks and evaluations, fail analysis ...
- How improve contribution without reducing utilisation ? Many cities authorities are in general users, but not really contributors, and industrials in general want to push their proposition but not really co-create and contribute; How can we evolve ?
- Morning - Presentation of the following developments :
- Presentation / Transfermuga, mobility assistance across borders, using open street map, uMap, Wordpress, Navitia.io http://www.transfermuga.eu/fr/
- Métromobilité (www.metromobilite.fr et http://github.com/Metromobilite )
- Open Trip Planner : https://github.com/opentripplanner/OpenTripPlanner, https://github.com/conveyal/r5
- Presentation / Developing a project with TravelSpirit to incorporate open source software into demand responsive and community transport options. http://www.travelspirit.io/ by Giles Bailey, Stratageeb UK
- Calypso https://www.calypsonet-asso.org/
- working with GTFS-Flex, as well as RidePilot and the RideConnection Clearing House. https://github.com/rideconnection/ridepilot
- Presentation / co-development with IFSTTAR of a Framework for multimodal routing development http://www.oslandia.com/new-version-of-tempus-a-framework-for-multimodal-route-planning-en.html GitHub platform for the projet Tempus: https://github.com/Ifsttar/Tempus
- Presentation / Transport for Cairo (TfC): Mapping Cairo by Mohamed Hegazy http://transportforcairo.com/ and example from Nigeria.
- Simply-connect : www.simply-connect.com
- Presentation / Chouette : http://www.chouette.mobi/ et Irys
- Catalogue : http://catalogue.global
- Presentation / Navitia (openSource), http://www.navitia.io/datasets (opendata) et https://www.navitia.io (openservice)
- Presentation / Ruter Labs https://ruter.no/labs , http://www.nasjonalreiseplanlegger.com (project website) / http://www.dit.no (Jouney planner - BETA)
- New open source softwares :
- What are the need for the coming months ? how can we decide the most usefull development ?
- What organisation fits to this ?
- Afternoon - Works in Groups about Existing Resources, Funding , Wealths :
Idea of organisation : one group by topic or group with people with different skills or ?
- How can we manage and improve existing resources : organisation, management, evaluation, contribution,
- How can we identify and select new resources : identification, selection, development
- How can we provide funding ? state of the art
- Can we provide other wealth ?
- How can we evolve from software 100% funded by public to a community support with several contributions and fundings ?
- Allocate 1% of budget for open source projects. This budget could be managed by FabMob.
- to be completed ?
Deliverables of the workshop :
- Working groups : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhpQol6jDupjdYS_UtkqQkcNhP6jff_imH9uKHVM8uc/edit?usp=sharing
- Indexation : http://communs.lafabriquedesmobilites.fr/#/p/liste
- Documentation on the wiki and github
- Create an evangelisation for open source culture for city and industry : Book to come for POSS 2016
- Network and discussion group with a social network (FabMob slack)
- PACA cf plateforme openPACA, working with Jean-Louis Zimmerman d'OSM (Carto party with SNCF stations in PACA)
- Métro Grenoble / Metromobilité using OpenTripPlanner + plateform opendata mobility
- Euro Région Aquitaine-Euskadi / Julien de Labaca Transfermuga with Navitia
- Toulouse Tisseo + Toulouse (data real timel en open source)
- Auvergne region / Auvergne mobilité (Navitia, TimeTable), Open data Auvergne. Feedbacks from M.Derouet before the workshop :
- No clear opinion on open source software concerning Auvergne Mobilité,
- Auvergne Mobilité v1 was working under SYNTHESE, open source software from the beginning but without an active community.
- Auvergne Mobilité v2 is working from feb 2016 under Navitia.io, without feedbacks.
- Utilisation of OSM address database because :
- More informations (in term of address)
- More capacity to evolve : create new POI with our route calculator, capacity to indicate parking as relay to integrate multimodal mobility
- Negative Points :
- No guarantee the sustainability of theses developments which may in some cases be challenged by the community
- Open source does not guarantee inherently open or close slightly as the number of actors. The size of the community is an important parameter
Startups / consultants :
- Andrew Byrd, Conveyal / OpenTripPlanner
- Tristram Gräbener, Codeurs en Liberté
- Vincent Lara projet API Le.Taxi at Etalab
- Stephan de Koninck / Bliksem (Hollande) / software open source RRRR
- Hugues Romain, RCS Mobility Lausanne, software open source Synthese
- Software Tempus Open Source co-developed by Oslandia & IFFSTAR
- Pieter Colpaert / OpenTransport group at OKFN
- Latitude Cartagene, app web site for CarPostal
- Laurent Grégoire, Mecatran https://github.com/afimb/gtfslib-python/
- Christophe Duquesne, Aurige
- Alban Peignier, AF83
- Philippe Vappereau, RATP (Calypso using licence open source)
- Gilles Betis, Transdev Digital Factory
- Stéphane Laurière, OW2
- Sampo Hietanen, Whim - http://MAAS.global
- Simon Ho and Giles Bailey Travel Spirit : http://www.travelspirit.io
- Daniel Duris : Open source Bike Share under testing in Bratislava
- Mohamed Hegazy: Transport for Cairo (TfC)
- CityWay, Transdev
- Kisio, Keolis
- RATP / Ixxi : Application Zaleou (le.taxi), API billettique à venir
Public Authority :
- Bernard Schwob AFIMB
- European Commission